Phoenix Linux

Sun Mar 3 07:15:37 MST 2019

On 3/1/19 6:18 PM, der.hans wrote:
> moin moin,
>
> I have seen references to this, but for the first time went and looked.
>
> Phoenix Linux - based on lubuntu 16.04.3 LTS
>
> https://phoenixlinux.weebly.com/
>
> Has anyone tried it?
>
> ciao,
>
> der.hans

I haven't tried it, but it looks like a hobby respin of Lubuntu, but
with  none of the support (and lagging behind upstream by a significant
margin).

Hobby distros, especially hobby respins, are a tough sell for me because
of the lack of support. I'd normally prefer to stick to upstream (in
this case, Lubuntu).

The same person responsible for Phoenix also makes Feren OS, which is
based off of Linux Mint (and in the process of rebasing to Ubuntu LTS).
Feren is relatively well received and does have a support structure, and
looks fairly nice.