Configure ktorrent for fastest downloads

Michael Butash michael at butash.net
Sun Jun 23 23:12:23 MST 2019

> How fast is your Century Link service?  Are you stuck with dsl or do
> they offer something faster?  I've heard that many ISPs are imposing
> data caps now so they can screw people out of more money.

I have dsl here 140mbps down, older peoria, so not graced with anything
beyond such as fiber.  My cousin a mile away can't even get the 140 in his
area.  Again cox is better/faster service, but I'm not for paying their
random cap overages.

I know people with their fiber, but with Centurylink's peering being
visible poop and heavily oversubscribed (both dsl and fiber share this I
presume), I can't imagine even at a gig it's that great to use.

> I use protonvpn.  It's cheap and it works, and i don't get anymore nasty
> emials from my ISP.

I use PIA here, one of the oldest, most reliable, and hasn't showed up on
the news for bad things (yet).

-mb