WordPress file ownership and Permissions

techlists at phpcoderusa.com techlists at phpcoderusa.com
Thu Jun 20 20:18:09 MST 2019

Thanks!!

Ownership is {my-user-name}:www-data

Permissions is 775

I added {my-user-name} to the www-data group : usermod -a -G www-data
{my-user-name}

/etc/group has an entry www-data:x:33:{my-user-name} which I assume
verifies {my-user-name} was added to the www-data group?

I can SFTP and I can remote edit using my editor, however WordPress asks
for FTP credentials when I try to remove a plugin.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!!

  --
James McPhee