Debian 9 vs Ubuntu 18

Stephen Partington cryptworks at gmail.com
Tue Sep 4 11:36:49 MST 2018

She is awesome. reminds me of a customer I worked with at Visionman
computers several moons ago. I helped guide her through reseating ram and
CPU over the phone and she was set (damned ups). She called in 3-4 months
later asking if her computer was linux compatible. I explained that it was
95% compatible as long as she didnt use the onboard raid it would work
perfectly.

On Tue, Sep 4, 2018 at 11:33 AM Bob Elzer <bob.elzer at gmail.com> wrote:

> P.s. let's not forget tech savvy grandma Betty who was asking questions
> and installing Linux on her computer with the help of the mailing list.
>

> On Tue, Sep 4, 2018, 11:29 AM Bob Elzer <bob.elzer at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> To break that down, how computer savvy is the user. I agree mint is great
>> for the not so savvy. Even for the savvy that don't want complicated.
>>
>> But if you want a server and being able to do lots of stuff, my choice is
>> centos.
>>

>> On Tue, Sep 4, 2018, 10:41 AM Matt Birkholz <matt at birchwood-abbey.net>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> I find myself proselytizing. (Skynet comes!) So if friends and family
>>> see something at my house they like I reflexively tell them they can have a
>>> similar setup for free(dom). I want them seeing Ubuntu, maybe Mint, because
>>> I can't imagine them using anything easier on the non-programmer. And I use
>>> them myself; familiarity with Ubuntu quirks makes me look less like a Linux
>>> Dork who, like a fan boy, said it would be "easy".
>>>
>>> So to add to Steve's list of questions: What would you want your granny
>>> to use?

Stephen