Hosted Netflow collector/analyzer

Michael Butash michael at butash.net
Tue Jan 16 17:37:06 MST 2018

Agree here, I'd fire up ntop for small load clients and myself occasionally
to grab netflow off my home gateway when weird things happen.  You could
always run in a cloud like digitalocean, but don't know of anyone doing
hosted/saas solutions for any netflow tools.  I'm interested in feedback
here too if you find something...

*Good* + affordable netflow tools I find are sorely lacking out there, even
ntop (2.x) is steering netflow to be a cost feature, so you're stuck with
old (and somewhat broken/unstable) ntop 1.x.  There is flowtools and some
others, but any time I looked at them, they required more elbow-grease than
I was willing to commit to for personal use and/or customer implementations.

-mb