LibreOffice style editing

der.hans PLUGd at LuftHans.com
Wed Aug 29 22:53:43 MST 2018

Am 26. Aug, 2018 schwätzte Stephen Partington so:

moin moin,

I did some experimenting with an fodt ( flat odt ) file and I can
somewhat sed the fix.

I have a sample file, but can't get back to it right now.

I finished the project at hand, but would like to automate more of this.

ciao,

der.hans

> I will second the occasional need to sanitize a block of text with a text
> editor.
>
> you could also remove all list options, review what the text block looks
> like and then reapply.
>
> you could also upload to excel online or google docs and see if they treat
> it any more reasonably then export as an ods which may help you.
>

> On Sun, Aug 26, 2018 at 8:27 AM Bob Elzer <bob.elzer at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> You could copy the section and paste it into a text editor, delete it from
>> the document then copy the text  and paste it back in.
>>
>> Not the solution you're looking, but sometimes the correct answer takes
>> too long to hunt down.
>>
>> Save the original so you can figure it out at a more convenient time.
>>
>> You seem to have found the most obvious ways of fixing this, I find
>> sometimes it is caused by something from another section of the document
>> that carries over to the section you're trying to fix.
>>
>> If the data is not sensitive maybe you could upload the section and we
>> could all work on an answer.
>>

>> On Sat, Aug 25, 2018, 11:55 PM der.hans <PLUGd at lufthans.com> wrote:
>>
>>> moin moin,
>>>
>>> I'm importing some documents into LibreOffice and one of the paragraph
>>> styles is getting numbered. I do not want the numbering.
>>>
>>> The style is also getting bold and border, which I can disable via
>>> the style editor.
>>>
>>> Via the style editor changing Outline & Numbering doesn't get rid of the
>>> numbering. It doesn't look like it's enabled in that tab.
>>>
>>> Under Organizer there's a Contains paragraph that includes
>>> "Numbering(Outline) + 1"
>>>
>>> I tried changing it to inherit from a style that does not get numbering,
>>> the numbering stayed.
>>>
>>> I found the Properties editor and the toggle for Numbered List ( click or
>>> hit F12 ), which does get rid of the number. It leaves the leading period
>>> and space, which also need to go.
>>>
>>> Any ideas for how to get rid of thіs numbering?
>>>
>>> Alternatively, and probably better, any idea how to select all items in
>>> this style, so I can easily change them to a new style? Even better if I
>>> can make that change automagically :)
>>>
>>> ciao,
>>>
>>> der.hans
>>> --
>>> #  https://www.LuftHans.com   https://www.PhxLinux.org
>>> #  "Be in a unit like W, he was in the same national guard unit as
>>> bigfoot,
>>> #  about the same number of sightings." -- Robin Williams,

#  https://www.LuftHans.com   https://www.PhxLinux.org
#  Molotov Bible - religion thrown at other people in order to cause an
#  explosive situation - der.hans