computer slow

Michael bmike1 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 30 12:21:01 MST 2017

You know.... I'm having trouble running darktable. It seems that after I
start it it runs a few minutes and then reboots the computer. Probably
because I do not have a GPU (I don't think). Then I saw this thread and
thought that I'd give that a try. So it seems I can not run chrome and
darktable at the same time.
___
'lspci' shows that my graphics card is :
01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD/ATI]
RV770 [Radeon HD 4850]
and 'lspci|grep gpu' returned an empty set
(if I did that correctly)
so I suppose the cheapest way to fix this is to get a gpu.... correct?