residential vs. business class internet @cox

Eric Oyen eric.oyen at icloud.com
Tue Nov 21 09:52:19 MST 2017

Hello everyone,

some of you on the recent "gigablast" thread expressed some interest. so, here is some info if you decide to go with cox business class internet (yes, they will install it at a residential address as a small office/home office package).

my contact at cox business is:
Jame Hidalgo
623-500-3341

if you decide to go with cox business internet at whatever service level you need, don't forget to mention me as the referral: eric Oyen

Now, as was explained to me, the business side has no hard caps (so no overage charges), bandwidth which is about 10-15% greater than the same level of residential service, A fixed IP (or more than one if you want that addition to the package) you can purchase a supported modem or rent one for $6 monthly (which I do). There is also service call priority (which means they can get a service tech out to you that day or the very next (if too late in the day to dispatch). The online account interface also has a ticket management system if you prefer to report an issue online. You get several email addresses which you manage and some other features.

btw, I highly recommend you get the inside wiring insurance contract. it will save you big time if a tech has to do anything inside your house. believe me, it's worth the $15 a month!

now, as for me, I was on residential for 20 years (since they were @home) and have had very little in the way of problems. A few instances of downtime associated with maintenance or service outages due to uncontrolled equipment failure. they ave always had the service back up the same day (if possible).
ild, sales and marketing Dept.

btw, as an aside, I have yet to setup a linux server box here. been a little busy trying to work on the place here (which isn't so easy considering being blind and all).  anyway, if you have questions, call Jame at the above phone number and he will go through all the features and benefits for you.

I hope this didn't come off as a hard sales pitch. :)

Eric Oyen
from the central offices of the Technomage Gu