RE KDE activity-speficic application locations

der.hans PLUGd at LuftHans.com
Mon May 22 11:07:12 MST 2017

Am 20. May, 2017 schwätzte James Crawford so:

moin moin James,

Brian has shown me folder mode a couple of times, but I haven't used it.

If I understand your suggestion, it would give me different icons for the
applications.

I actually want zero icons on my desktop :).

Does the folder view also hold running apps?

I have running apps that I want to rearrange.

Perhaps I don't even need activities and there's some layout tool that
will allow me to define different layouts.

ciao,

der.hans

> Try a "Folder View" widget on the desktop.
>
> Then ln -s application to appName in the Folder you are using in a given
> activity
>
> or Right click on the application and drag it to the Folder View Widget then
> choose "Link here"
>

> Just name each Folder differently.
>

> James C.

#  http://www.LuftHans.com/        http://www.PhxLinux.org/
#  "... the social skills of a cow on acid." - der.hans