Final Credit Card (with random number generations for vendor isolation)

Michael Butash michael at butash.net
Thu May 18 13:53:55 MST 2017

So, I don't normally try to sell friends (or enemies) into banking slavery
or anything else really, but for those that need a card to buy things
online and other sketchy places, I found Final to be rather compelling
geeky solution.  I'd heard about what it does, and found it a service I've
waited for for a long time.  https://getfinal.com/

I got signed up on the waiting list a while back and got in recently, and
they're now sending some "friend" codes out to get others in.  Seems some
folks here might appreciate the solution too, I'm liking it so far.

Don't blame me for your credit, but if you're interested, go to
http://signup.getfinal.com and use this code to get in:

ea80be9810603cabf7aa.

What sold me on it?  I am sick of replacing my card every 3 months with
every new leak of my PCI data, so this allows me to create a unique
one-time, or vendor-locked card id to a give each unique merchant you deal
with.

Ideally if the number is compromised, you only lose the one use/vendor
anyways, plus you know who sucked and gave up your data in theory.  The
android app is basic, but works well for managing and creating the card
number profiles per merchant.

I rather hate the fact every time I have to change my card, and be
inconvenienced resetting it across 50 other merchants, that I am at least
not told what merchant was compromised, therefore banks protecting their
inept customers, insecure organizations doing so.  I'm hoping this helps me
identify the stupid to never do business with them again.

Sadly no other/real bank really offers anything remotely like this.  HTH!

-mb