OT: Need a Campaign to Secure WIFI Sites

Vara La Fey varalafey at gmail.com
Thu Mar 23 22:01:33 MST 2017

"Library services dept." You have too much fun with that.

Familiar with all of those authors, tho not big on The Bard. And I just
not long ago read Williamson's "Terraforming Earth", which I really
liked. His grand-scale scope and interesting use of technology reminded
me a lot of "Marooned In Real-time" by Vernor Vinge, and most things by
Niven and Niven/cowriters.

Not directly dystopian - usually (but try Fallen Angels by Niven and....
uh....?), but interesting. I always loved the Baen Books compilations of
"Belter" stories, where the independent-minded asteroid mining colonies
declare independence from a dystopian Earth.

I even wrote a song lyric set in that kind of universe. "This world down
here is done / so count from 10 to 1 / Leave a cloud of dust on the
horizon / and be free again". Etc. I don't actually think mankind will
ever make it that far, but I can still hope.

I always recommend Anthem and Atlas Shrugged by Ayn Rand, and of course
1984.