Microsoft has created an A.I. that can write its own code

trent shipley trent.shipley at gmail.com
Fri Mar 10 00:19:30 MST 2017

A while ago I heard a futurist say that if you wanted your kid to make
money in the future, they should pursue a creative career. He expected
technology jobs to go the way of manufacturing jobs -- automated out of
existence.  The up side is that owners of capital will make MUCH higher
profits, while consumers of IT will save some money.  Also, access to IT
should be more democratic since it will not rely as much on left brain
thinking and scarce training.

Microsoft is hardly alone in trying to make administrators and programmers
obsolete, and the repressive leftist politics or dystopian fear mongering
strike me as burying the lead--especially if you are a technologist whose
job is in the cross-hairs of economic and technical history.

Trent.