(OT) Backup Software Suggestions

Eric Oyen eric.oyen at icloud.com
Fri Jan 27 08:11:25 MST 2017

btw, there is a utility called Parchive that will make it a lot harder to lose data in an archive. it contains built in recovery routines. I used it a long time ago on some backups and when a chunk of them became corruptd, Parchive was able to recover the whole lot. Sure, it's going to make your backup file size roughly 3x what it was before, but that is worth it considering the level of data recovery.

-eric
from the central office of the Technomage Guild