(OT) Backup Software Suggestions

Eric Oyen eric.oyen at icloud.com
Thu Jan 26 17:05:11 MST 2017

why not just use dd and a sufficiently large backup device connected directly to the machine. I maintain 3 backups here (1 daily, one weekly and one monthly). it takes 3 HDD external devices, but it's well worth the effort. Basically, I just image the entire device. It's easier to restore that way.

-eric
from the central office of the Technomage Guild.