Digital Ocean Performance Issues - Resolved

Nathan plug-discuss at nmecs.com
Tue Jan 24 10:33:53 MST 2017

I resolved it. The issue came down to an api call to another system
using a 10.x internal private IP which worked in one data center and not
in another. The system waits a few seconds for the timeout and moves
on...

just for the curious, when the 10.x ip does not work the system resorts
to a failback external ip which does work, which is why I didn't receive
error messages or similar...

On 2017-01-20 13:01, Nathan wrote:
> I haven't paid attention to ping time at all. I am talking purely slow
> sites.
> I have one server in particular in SF02 with a 200MB mariadb database
> and a custom framework and it really seems slow.
>
> I have some basic sites that seem slow, along with some wordpress
> sites that seem slow.
>

> On 2017-01-20 12:17, Sesso wrote:
>> Faster access as in ping time or are the servers themselves just
>> slow?(site load times)
>>
>> jason
>>
>>> On Jan 20, 2017, at 12:13 PM, Nathan <plug-discuss at nmecs.com> wrote:
>>>

>>> I have several $5 and $10 servers from Digital Ocean at their NY,
>>> SF01, and SF02 data centers. Strangely, it seems to me I (here in Az)
>>> have faster access to the NY data centers than the SF data centers.
>>> Any one using SF01/02 and happy?
>>>
>>> I need another server, but one of the more expensive servers, and I'm
>>> wondering if it's really worth it to spend $160 or more and not be
>>> happy with the network performance or server performance.
>>>
>>> Are you using anything more than the basic $5 servers? What are your
>>> thoughts?
>>>

>>> --
>>> Regards,
>>>
>>> Nathan