(OT) Gmail Account Hacked - what else should I do?

Mark Phillips mark at phillipsmarketing.biz
Mon Jan 16 15:23:39 MST 2017

It looks as if my wife's gmail account was hacked on Jan 9, and I want to
see if there is anything else we have to do to clean up the mess.

1. She stopped getting any email on Thursday in this account. We tracked it
down to a filter that sent all incoming email to Trash. We deleted the
filter.

2. A little more digging, and we found a suspicious login from NY on Jan 9.
She swears she was not in NY on that day....and, absent any proof to the
contrary, I believe her. ;)

3. There was a Google Brand account attached to her gmail account, which we
deleted. No idea what that is.

4. There are several delivery failure emails in her Trash folder like this
one:
Address not found
Your message wasn't delivered because the domain houston.rr.com couldn't be
found. Check for typos or unnecessary spaces and try again.
The response from the remote server was:
DNS Error: 10339950 DNS type 'mx' lookup of houston.rr.com responded with
code NOERROR 10339950 DNS type 'aaaa' lookup of
cdptpa-smtpin01.houston.rr.com. responded with code NXDOMAIN 10339950 DNS
type 'a' lookup of cdptpa-smtpin01.houston.rr.com. responded with code
NXDOMAIN

Final-Recipient: rfc822; jham003 at houston.rr.com
Action: failed
Diagnostic-Code: smtp; DNS Error: 10339950 DNS type 'mx' lookup of
houston.rr.com responded with code NOERROR
 10339950 DNS type 'aaaa' lookup of cdptpa-smtpin01.houston.rr.com.
responded with code NXDOMAIN
 10339950 DNS type 'a' lookup of cdptpa-smtpin01.houston.rr.com. responded
with code NXDOMAIN
Last-Attempt-Date: Sat, 14 Jan 2017 14:09:54 -0800 (PST)