Problem with rsync

Michael bmike1 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 1 15:55:43 MST 2017

Thanks.... I decided to reformat it and rsync it all again. And it isn't
giving me any errors (yet). I am formatting it ntfs. Can I do fsck.ntfs or
would I just do ...vfat? What about for a reminder? Could I put, "rsync
-aWuq --delete-before /home/bmike1/Documents /media/bmike1/SDULTRA64
*unmount sudo fsck.ntfs /dev/sdc" or do comments not work in this case?

On Sun, Jan 1, 2017 at 5:44 PM, Matt Graham <mhgraham at crow202.org> wrote:

> On 2017-01-01 15:29, Michael wrote:
>
>> sudo fsck -p /media/bmike1/SDULTRA64
>>

> This is not correct.  You run fsck on the device, not the mount point.
> Find out what the device node is (probably /dev/sdX1 where X is a lowercase
> letter which is not a.  Try "ls -l /dev/disk/by-label/" to get a listing),
> then umount the device, then run fsck on it.
>
> fsck.ext2: Is a directory while trying to open /media/bmike1/SDULTRA64
>>

> And it's guessing the filesystem type incorrectly.  "fsck.vfat" may work
> better once the device is umounted.  If your automounter tries to mount it,
> turn the automounter off (and leave it off, those things are useless.)
>

> --
> Crow202 Blog: http://crow202.org/wordpress
> There is no Darkness in Eternity
> But only Light too dim for us to see.