gray card

Brien Dieterle briend at gmail.com
Tue Feb 21 22:19:57 MST 2017

The grey card you can buy is a known calibrated reference.  There's not
much point in printing your own unless your printer and computer have
already been calibrated with a bunch of grey and other cards and
equipment.  I suggest you get yourself an 18% grey hat.  Then you can just
put your hat
<https://petapixel.com/2015/11/19/this-cap-doubles-as-a-gray-card-for-light-metering/>
on the things you're photographing and get the exposure right, take the hat
off (or not) and take your picture.