the timestampz in a pdf, oh my

Joseph Sinclair plug-discussion at stcaz.net
Wed Feb 1 02:23:56 MST 2017

Have you checked DiffPDF?
It's supposed to do what you're looking for, although it's no-longer actively maintained (author took it closed-source :( ).

Another alternative might be to use pdf2ps (part of ghostscript) to transform into postscript and compare that, but you may need to do more massaging as timestamps and such would probably still be in the postscript.