the timestampz in a pdf, oh my

der.hans PLUGd at LuftHans.com
Wed Feb 1 01:29:07 MST 2017

moin moin,

I have some dynamically generated PDFs coming from a pool of web servers.

Each server should be generating a PDF that looks exactly the same as from
all the other servers.

The PDF generation includes sticking in a few timestamps and possibly some
hostnames or other dynamic content. The dynamic content eliminates the
option of just using checksums to verify the output file is the same from
all of the web servers.

Any suggestions on how I can write a command line check. Needing to
install a script would be far less than ideal in this situation. Funnily
enough, needing to install a package would be less of an issue in this
particular case, especially something in CentOS 6.

Me being me, I did try to just grep out the lines with timestamps :). That
didn't quite work :(. That probably indicates the files aren't as exactly
the same as I hope.

I didn't see a pdf2sanity tool. pdf2text won't really work as I need to
verify the graphic content and hopefully the PDF wrapper.

ciao,

der.hans
--
#  http://www.LuftHans.com/        http://www.PhxLinux.org/