Anyone here run their own email server for personal use?

Andrew McRobb andrewmcrobb at gmail.com
Sat Dec 16 09:24:16 MST 2017

Hello, everyone!

I was thinking of running my own email server for personal use and maybe a
PBX system using FreeSwitch (also to avoid spam phone calls) in my
min-farm. Google surprisingly bad at detecting spam, and I know I could
maybe throw together a simple SMTP setup perhaps using something already
made or throw something together in Erlang. -- Just like the ability to
control every aspect of the server, IMHO. Anyone have experience in this
department, that could give me any tips?

Thanks,

Andrew

Andrew McRobb
Full-time Software Developer