Cox Gigablast

techlists at phpcoderusa.com techlists at phpcoderusa.com
Sat Dec 16 08:00:47 MST 2017

On 2017-12-15 18:21, der.hans wrote:
> Am 18. Nov, 2017 schwätzte Eric Oyen so:
>
> moin moin,
>
> does Cox Business still want a one year cancellation notice?

I have Cox Home Office.  Initially I was on a contract of 1, 2, or 3
years - my choice and the price got better the longer the contract.  I
am now month to month.  They offered me 1/2 a month off for the 1st
month of the 12 month contract so I will probably do it.  Oh, and when
they called I was told month to month was going to go up 10% over having
a contract.  I wonder if that was just a salesman ploy. The irony is I
have no other options for high speed internet.

It is my understanding Home Office and Cox Business are the same except
pricing.  Cox Business is more expensive from what I have been told.

When I switched from a consumer plan about 5 or 6 years ago the cost
went up $25/mo.  I was thinking I was going to run a server.... never
did.  It still is handy to not have any blocked ports because I can
setup a test server and run it as needed.

And I have less outages.  I've been using Cox for high speed internet
and have no problems.  But then I do not push things to the limit....