Hello Phoenix Linux Users Group! What Goes On at Installfest?

Steve Litt slitt at troubleshooters.com
Fri Dec 15 06:50:31 MST 2017

On Thu, 14 Dec 2017 16:39:03 -0700
Todd Cole <toddc at azloco.com> wrote:

> Andrew while there are many good places I use Resell Electronics
> 850 W Lincoln St, Phoenix, AZ 85007 6-4 M-F ignore the online store
> and just stop buy and think bulk prices more you buy the cheaper
> I typically buy the parts computers  hp or dell I5 10-50$ then buy
> ram and hdd (behind counter) extra nick under 1-5$ and the
> installfest and a home server is done
> a laptop could be used but would need a second usb nick and running a
> laptop 24/7 ...as a router   it would be smaller

I've been using desktop computers running IPCop or pfSense or
OpenBSD/pf for most of this century. I just use old computers that were
once my Daily Driver Desktop.

But I'm thinking of sinking $400 into a no-fan, low wattage unit to
save money on electricity. Here in Florida, most of the year, I pay
twice: Once to run the desktop, and a second time to air-condition away
all that wattage.

SteveT

Steve Litt
December 2017 featured book: Thriving in Tough Times
http://www.troubleshooters.com/thrive