netis wf2118

Michael Butash michael at butash.net
Thu Aug 24 13:17:05 MST 2017

Look at the pci devices with lspci, grep for network devices:

>> lspci | grep Network
>> 02:00.0 Network controller: Qualcomm Atheros QCA6174 802.11ac Wireless
Network Adapter (rev 32)

You should see a like device there, your new card.  If it's not being
detected properly, search dmesg output looking for an unknown device, might
be a firmware thing or something.  Dmesg should at least tell you what
pci-id, vendor, or model of chip to then google why that doesn't load under
your os.

-mb