GNU/Linux

Keith Smith techlists at phpcoderusa.com
Sat Apr 29 16:03:26 MST 2017

Interesting...  Do programmers burnout more than any other profession?

If there is a contributing factor it is the constant change that
requires regular learning and adapting.

I've seen a lot of changes.  In 1983 I learned how to program using
punch cards.  Then there was the single line editors.  I experienced the
evolution of xBase - dBaseII, dBaseIII, dBaseIII+ on 8088 cpu's with no
hard drive.  Later Clipper summer of 87 (that was the actual version
name), FoxBASE+, all the FoxPro's - DOS, Windows, and Visual.  Then the
web came along.  Learning Linux, Apache, MySql, PHP and all that goes
with that.  In the early days of the web - (10 years ago) it was PHP
right on the iron... not any more. It is open source apps and
frameworks.

Always fighting the beast.....

In the late 80's I happened into a business that was using a Commodore
64 to do their accounting and inventory control.  At that time that was
state of the art.