voice recognition software

Matthew Crews mattcrews at mattcrews.com
Wed Apr 19 04:57:18 MST 2017

>From what I’m reading, this is one area that Linux struggles in compared to
other operating systems. My guess is because voice recognition in general
isn’t easy in the first place.

The Arch Linux wiki apparently has a list of available software. Pretty
sure most of them are available on the other distros.

https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Speech_recognition

But it also depends what you want. Do you want voice dictation for writing
(Dragon Naturally Speaking), or do you want voice commands (OK Google,
Cortana, Siri, etc)?

Worst case scenario, you could just run Windows 10 in a VM or something,
lol.

-Matt