Mastodon

Matthew Crews mattcrews at mattcrews.com
Tue Apr 18 11:44:12 MST 2017

> I would say it has picked up in popularity for the same reason Gab
> and so many others have picked up in popularity. People are
> awakening to the fact that twitter and other main stream social
> media networks (facebook, reddit) are censoring comments and
> we are actively losing our right to free speech.

Unless the government is somehow involved, Facebook, Reddit, Twitter, etc.
aren't suppressing free speech. They have the right to censor whatever we
say, since it is their network we are using.

Conversely, we also have the right to not use such services that actively
censor.

Remember: On any service that relies on advertising revenue, the user is the
"product", and not the service itself. The customer is advertisers.