Wifi adapter

Stephen M smelheim85 at gmail.com
Sun Apr 16 18:41:11 MST 2017

Jerry,

I should have noticed this sooner because I have been trying this but the
"extra" in the /lib/mobules is a file instead of a folder.  If I'm going to
insert anything into it I can't remember which command to use.  Would an
echo command help?  Also because I'm on 14 still I think I should upgrade
to 16 but before doing that I'd like to get it to work in 14.

On Fri, Apr 14, 2017 at 11:09 AM, Jerry Snitselaar <dev at snitselaar.org>
wrote:

> Michael Butash @ 2017-04-14 03:20 GMT:
>
> > Seeing the passthrough comment reminded me I have a weird issue with my
> usb
> > wlan nic doing something odd, might affect you doing much the same.  I
> > forget the flavor of nic, but once I plug it into linux, the drivers
> would
> > kick in and start locking the device.  My goal usually with it is to tend
> > to a windoze instance that also runs some wireless spectrum analyzer
> tools,
> > but I end up having to rmmod the driver prior to giving it to virtualbox
> or
> > windows just sees it as a broken driver state with the angry (!).
> >
> > Might be something like that why it doesn't always come and go?
> >
> > -mb
> >

> I don't think Stephen was using passthrough, I was just being lazy
> because I didn't want to install ubuntu on a system.

Stephen Melheim
602-400-7707
SMelheim85 at gmail.com