Fwd: [darktable-user] Video: darktable as a GIMP plugin

Michael bmike1 at gmail.com
Sun Sep 25 17:59:35 MST 2016

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Robert William Hutton <rwh at helms-deep.net>
Date: Sun, Sep 25, 2016 at 8:30 PM
Subject: [darktable-user] Video: darktable as a GIMP plugin
To: Darktable Users List <darktable-user at lists.darktable.org>

Hi All,

I just came across an interesting video showing darktable being used as a
raw converter from within GIMP, using the git development versions of both
tools (providing high bit-depth editing in GIMP).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kCZ_KRIZ1n0

I think I'll have to give the dev version of GIMP a shot, just for the high
bit-depth, though I must say that losing the GIMP plugin registry (mainly
wavelet decompose) means I lose my favourite GIMP tool.  Still, something
to keep an eye on.

Regards,

Rob