Landscape on Ubuntu 16.04

Stephen Partington cryptworks at gmail.com
Sun Sep 18 15:10:38 MST 2016

This rewite rule and keeping my normal apache use is i think where i am
stuck.

https://help.landscape.canonical.com/LDS/ManualInstallation16.06

If anyone has any ideas on how to make this play nicely with a default site
on 80/443 instead of taking it over.

On Sun, Sep 18, 2016 at 1:49 PM, Stephen Partington <cryptworks at gmail.com>
wrote:

> I rather like a number of things about it. I am having some weird DNS
> issues right now and therefore i cannot add the server running landscape to
> landscape. And i haven't even tried working on setting up the apache
> virtualhost yet.
>
> I am not so sure about the 3rd party repos quite yet. I haven't really dug
> to much deeper into it.
>
> On Sun, Sep 18, 2016 at 1:37 PM, Michael Butash <michael at butash.net>
> wrote:
>
>> How do you like actually using landscape?  It's been a while since
>> looking, I noticed they now offer a 10-free client option for local servers
>> that might be useful and get me to try it since I use ubuntu in some
>> capacity for everything.
>>
>> I've looked at landscape in the past, and for either commercial or
>> personal use, always seemed expensive.  I am cheap though being used to
>> having to be my own support for so long, and cost benefit associated.
>>
>> I'm curious your mileage with it so far for "personal use" as a tinkerer
>> of linux things too.
>>
>> How much space does that repo require?  I'd like to tuck the lanscape
>> server into a vm.
>>
>> Also, how does that handle 3rd party repos with landscape?  Seeing that
>> the systems I want to manage are mostly my desktop, laptop, media players,
>> appliance systems/vms, things like that, they all tend to run 3rd party
>> repos for stuff, including my desktop/laptop that use neon repos both for
>> unstable kde.  I don't see those being handled well or at all.
>>
>> -mb
>>

>> On 09/18/2016 11:15 AM, Stephen Partington wrote:
>>
>> Finally updated so it will run on ubuntu 16.04.
>>
>> http://askubuntu.com/questions/549809/how-do-i-install-
>> landscape-for-personal-use
>>
>> this is taking a while on my little server :-)
>>

>> --
>> A mouse trap, placed on top of your alarm clock, will prevent you from
>> rolling over and going back to sleep after you hit the snooze button.
>>
>> Stephen

> Stephen

Stephen