Label

Brian Cluff brian at snaptek.com
Fri Sep 16 12:54:56 MST 2016

Having to run fsck is going to be a problem with most filesystems. If
you use a file system like ext3/4 that has a journal if will recover
faster though, but they will give you slightly slower write speeds and
you'll loose space on on the journal itself.  There is also a lot of
talk about the journal causing a lot of writes and wearing out your
flash drive, but I would think the wear leveling would take care of that
these days.
The bottom line is that you shouldn't be pulling out drives without
unmounting them.  I'd use something like ext2 if I were you and just
make sure you don't pull out the drive without unmounting it.

Brian Cluff