Home boot servers, any advice?

kitepilot at kitepilot.com kitepilot at kitepilot.com
Fri Sep 9 16:05:44 MST 2016

Man...
This sounds to me like one of those "we are going to do all this just
because it can be done" project...
What's wrong with your current DHCP server?
Does it give you any grief?
If it broke, don't fix it!

PXE BOOT?
Of course!
Why use cheap hard drives to the boot if we can complicate it 'ad infinitum'
pxbooting the thing!

Define your goals, then chose the hardware.
I'd keep it as a 'humming backup in the dark' and keep on ticking doing
better things...
YMMV
ET