multiple ssh known_hosts files

der.hans PLUGd at LuftHans.com
Fri Oct 28 16:49:46 MST 2016

moin moin,

I have a need to import a read-only known_hosts file in addition to
using my local known_hosts file.

I thought I had it covered with the UserKnownHostsFile in ~/.ssh/config,
but new hosts and IPs are being written to that file rather than
~/.ssh/known_hosts. I made that file read-only and now ssh gives an error
and doesn't write the new entry to disk.

I actually need to be able to use multiple read-only files.

I want updates to go into ~/.ssh/known_hosts.

I can build a new composite file as new versions of the ro files roll out,
but would rather keep things from intermingling.

Any ideas on how to get ssh to work with multiple known_hosts files?

ciao,

der.hans
--
#  http://www.LuftHans.com/        http://www.PhxLinux.org/
#  "Rock 'n' roll might not solve your problems, but it does let you dance