Guy Spent $11,000 On A Coding 'Bootcamp' And Doubled His Salary

JD Austin jd at twingeckos.com
Thu Oct 27 14:49:59 MST 2016

Spot on Kevin.. I work with a guy like that who believes he's awesome
because he can cobble together an inefficient Frankenstein.  When you try
to get him to explain why he's doing very inefficient operations like
reloading 12 million records among 3 database tables EVERY DAY he talks in
circles throwing out buzzwords wrongly but never really answering the
question.  I've gotten to the point that I ask only yes or no questions and
when he goes on his verbal walkabout circling nothing.  When he's done
talking I simply ask 'Does that mean yes or no'.
Good developers can think about problems and find a simple solution within
the current constraints; bad developers overly obfuscate everything they do
out of fear that we'll find out what we already know.

-- JD Austin
Voice: 480.269.4335 (480 2MY Geek)
jd at twingeckos.com