C/C++ tech list

Joseph Sinclair plug-discussion at stcaz.net
Mon Oct 24 16:25:54 MST 2016

C/C++ language-specific groups seem to have mostly evaporated in the past decade or so as other languages have become more popular in general.
Most of the sites I used to hang out on are no longer functioning.
http://www.cprogramming.com/ is still running, and is a good starting point.
Last I heard the #C channel on freenode IRC was still useable, but I can't check that directly at the moment.
StackOverflow is decent when you have reasonably specific questions, but it can be a bit of effort to wade through the voluminous content to find what you want.

For your specific project, there are some domain-specific communities that might offer pointers, suggestions, and code examples:
https://harbour.github.io/  An implementation of the Clipper system which compiles xBase code and supports multiple backends including dbf.
http://www.clicketyclick.dk/databases/xbase/format/index.html  The dbf file format documentation.
https://sourceforge.net/projects/dbase/  An existing (very small, possibly abandoned) dbf file library written in C with some C++ wrappers.
https://sourceforge.net/projects/xdb/  Another (definitely abandoned) xBase library in C++