erase drive

Anthony Radzykewycz anthony.radzykewycz at gatewaycc.edu
Mon Oct 10 12:34:25 MST 2016

Hiren's BootCD has a killdisk on it, if you're concerned with data leakage.
Otherwise, something interesting that you could do is a dd wipe. Something
along the lines of dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/sd*x *bs=4k, or if you want
random data written to it: dd if=/dev/urandom of=/dev/sd*x* bs=4k. Of
course, you'd have to boot into a Linux instance to do this first (whether
it be a live disc or an already installed machine).