VPN Assistance

Stephen M smelheim85 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 3 21:17:39 MST 2016

I agree with toddc.  If your starting to learn about VPN networking it's
best to try a free option.  I had Zentyal installed on an old desktop that
is collecting dust at the moment.  But I had OpenVPN working in home and it
worked fine.  Sure I remoted into my home server once in a while but I was
able to learn how to setup a VPN.  I was looking at tigerVPN a few years
but and I've also looked into sshuttle.  I don't see a need for a big or
pay fee VPN unless I'm doing something massive. For learning purposes do
something small and in house before you go public.

On Mon, Oct 3, 2016 at 5:18 PM, Stephen Partington <cryptworks at gmail.com>
wrote:

> I was really interested in tigerVPN and their lifetime deal they had
> recently on android central.
>
> On Mon, Oct 3, 2016 at 2:28 PM, Todd Cole <toddc at azloco.com> wrote:
>

>> If you are just looking for a vpn to your home there are many free vpn
>> and or firewall router vpns or even a Raspberry PI
>> makes a great home VPN server $35.00 or a old desktop would also work
>> also a lot of routers already include a Built in vpn of some kind
>>
>> https://sys.jonaharagon.com/2016/05/12/setting-up-an-openvpn
>> -server-on-a-raspberry-pi-2-part-12/
>>
>> http://www.azloco.org/node/175
>>
>> On Mon, Oct 3, 2016 at 2:12 PM, Bob Elzer <bob.elzer at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Find one you can sign up  for a lifetime fee.
>>>
>>> Android authority web page lists them sometimes.
>>>
>>> I went with VPN unlimited for $40 lifetime fee.
>>>
>>> Haven't had any problems with them.

>> --
>> Todd Cole
>> Ubuntu Arizona Team