new external drive

Michael bmike1 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 24 12:03:45 MST 2016

I got a problem. This new drive won't format. Linux saw it when I first
plugged it in. I then tried copying some files to it which resulted in an
error appearing after 5-10 minutes telling me to open windows and run
'chkdsk \f' on the device. Then I plugged it into windows10 and couldn't
figure out how to open a terminal so I decided to format it. But it
wouldn't format. When I attempt to it flashes twice a second for a little
then a long flash then again quickly. So I figured I would attempt the
format with Linux but Linux doesn't see the drive now so no formatting with
it. Can someone help?
--