More dysfunctional Ubuntu-isms

Stephen Partington cryptworks at gmail.com
Wed Nov 9 09:14:48 MST 2016

So I have learned something interesting. My system has a Marvell based
chips etc providing some extra sata3 ports. If I have a SATA device plugged
into that controller I gets some pretty interesting errors on boot
preventing the installer from even loading. In this case my blue ray drive
was connected so I simply unplugged that. This was affecting me on Ubuntu
16.04 and 16.10.

This might be related to your root issue.