remote ssh commands

Nadim Hoque nadimhoque at gmail.com
Tue May 31 22:17:37 MST 2016

Sean,

Well when I just run the 'yum update -y' it runs it just fine but the &&
poweroff runs on the local machine. Also I have another script that does
the following:
#!/bin/bash

for server in $(cat serverlist.txt); do
       ssh  $server.localdomain 'poweroff'
done

and also running that just powers off the host. It seems that it will
execute all except the poweroff command on remote servers

On Tue, May 31, 2016 at 9:37 PM, sean <sean.a.ritzler at gmail.com> wrote:

> Could a bad dns record or host entry point one of the lines in the file
> back to itself?
>
> Is the yum update also being run on the host? Try a different command in
> the loop, e.g. 'echo $server > /tmp/test' should be a good troubleshooting
> start.
> On May 31, 2016 9:34 PM, "Nadim Hoque" <nadimhoque at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Its a virtual to virtual setup. All the guests are on the bridge
>> connection that I have made so that they are on the same network. To answer
>> your question I am not touching the VM host at all.
>>
>> On Tue, May 31, 2016 at 9:27 PM, sean <sean.a.ritzler at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Are you running this on a virtual machine? If so, are you powering off
>>> its host machine?

>> --
>> Nadim Hoque

Nadim Hoque