OT - starting a project

David Schwartz newsletters at thetoolwiz.com
Tue May 17 16:38:06 MST 2016

Hey, guys, I have a very general question

There’s an idea I’ve had for quite a while, and was chatting with someone recently who suggested I set up an open-source kind of project for it.

The problem is, I don’t really want to do the programming on it. I want to be the architect and direct some other developers.

So what’s the best way to find a couple of people who’d like to work on an app part-time?

Honetsly, I don’t care what it’s implemented in initially; a browser app is fine, but it needs to read and write to a file system (local and/or cloud-based).

Right now I’m just looking to build a proof-of-concept model and extend it one step at a time.

The main architecture is an interactive graphical editor roughly similar to Visio, but then it goes off into some interesting directoins.

Any ideas?

-David Schwartz