Crap! HDMI... :( Update...

kitepilot at kitepilot.com kitepilot at kitepilot.com
Sun Mar 20 14:17:01 MST 2016

Well...
Linux is Linux is Linux.
Or is it?

I ditched my effort to make Linux Mint work in my new laptop and tried the
latest Kubuntu.  Installed and updated everything, installed the
manufacturer drivers, tested it, and got HDMI to sort-of work.
Until I lost all X-display and could recover it by deleting ~/.kde and
dpkg-reconfigure -phigh xsever-xorg.

So I tried Kubuntu 10.04 but was unable to boot from the USB.
So I went back 15.10 and decided to try it little by little, I upgraded
everything but stopped short of installing the manufacturer drivers and
plugged HDMI to see what I got.

It all worked perfectly...
Baffled...
Go figure!