CUPS problem

Stephen M smelheim85 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 15 15:52:22 MST 2016

HI all,

I wanted to see if anyone can tell me how to save a printer in CUPS.
I have a server running Zentyal 4.0, I've installed the print module
and activated it.  However, when I load the printer into CUPS and
close it, Zentyal doesn't see the printer.  When I go back into CUPS,
it has not printers available.

It's a Canon PIXMA MG2520.  I've already installed the correct drivers
I could find.  I also checked out blogs but none talk about the
printer disappearing from CUPS.  I tried a few times before putting it
back onto my on desktop.  I want it on the server though so my laptop
can print from it also and to understand how to network a printer from
CUPS.

Could someone help me to understand what might be happening, please?

--
Stephen Melheim
602-400-7707
SMelheim85 at gmail.com