4k tv / monitors

Michael Butash michael at butash.net
Thu Jun 23 00:08:17 MST 2016

Likewise, much the same, I was going to go with 40", but a buddy got one
of the seiki cheap 4k tv's, and it was just too small, odd to say.
Standing in front of a 55" seemed too big, I ended up with the 48's that
I think are just about right with 4k, and curved was nice for the
desktop.  I could have lived with the 55's I think.

https://plus.google.com/+MikeButash/posts/GxC8jCzJRBA

I spread things out as well, and I can still full-screen chrome or
whatever, zoom in, and read with my aging eyes.  Even with 11520x2160
pixels, I still end up with clutter piling up at times.  KDE's idle
windows as transparent is great for this.

Ubuntu/Unity just sorta barfs and never finishes launching on mine to
test with compiz the pretty features.

-mb