SSD & Linux

Steve Litt slitt at troubleshooters.com
Wed Jun 22 17:26:08 MST 2016

On Wed, 22 Jun 2016 11:08:07 -0700
Lyle Tuttle <l.tuttle at cox.net> wrote:

> Got a new SSD to update my laptop.....Samsung 850 EVO -- looks like
> the software is not compatible w/Linux Mint 17.3.....anyone have a
> solution?
>
> TIA
>
> lyle

That's a mystery. I'm sitting here with Void Linux on a 256GB SSD root
partition (and some mounts on spinning disks). I didn't have to do
anything out of the ordinary.

When you say "looks like the software is not compatible w/Linux Mint
17.3", what observable phenomina lead you to that conclusion? What
messages and beeps (if any) do you see and hear? How far does it get
into the boot?

SteveT

Steve Litt
June 2016 featured book: Troubleshooting: Why Bother?
http://www.troubleshooters.com/twb