Ubuntu, KDE interface

koder iscreamkid at gmail.com
Sat Jun 18 11:48:59 MST 2016

What problems will I encounter installing KDE onto an existing Ubuntu load?

The reason is an echo Pa Kettle's noting of problems with Ubuntu.

In my case, it is manifests every time I boot Ubuntu and it tells me it
had a problem that must be reported. he problem, according the message,
which I am paraphrasing as Unity-settings-utility has had a problem.
When I did a web search I find that problems with this interface have
existed for four or five years. Seems that they either aren't
interested, or aren't capable of fixing it. Perhaps the utility needs to
be replaced with something else that will work.

Ubuntu has also mandated that I install an extra external fan as its
demands on the system as it seems that it heats the whole system up to
the point where it locks and becomes totally unresponsive.

Not ready for Prime Time, in spite of the prostelyzations of the AZ Loco
group.

HM