Ubuntu

Dennis McClellan pademc1 at cox.net
Sat Jun 18 10:14:06 MST 2016

I have been using Linux for about 10 years now. Mostly Mint (latest
17.3), but I have tried almost every distro. I keep trying Ubuntu
(latest 16.04).

I like Ubuntu although I’m still trying to get used to Unity. My problem
with Ubuntu is the frozen gray screen. It doesn’t matter what program or
website I’m on, I get the gray frozen screen, not always, but often.
After a few seconds or sometimes minutes a message pops up and states
“Ubuntu has a problem and needs to shut this program down. This had
happened on 3 different desktop computers, so I know it’s not the CPU.
Mint works and worked fine on all three. I guess just for general
principle I would like to get a version of Ubuntu to work properly.

I check daily for any updates and do them immediately.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

--
Never do today what you can put off till tomorrow.
Pa Kettle