youth activities for SCaLE

der.hans PLUGd at LuftHans.com
Fri Jul 29 01:30:17 MST 2016

Am 29. Jul, 2016 schwätzte Victor Odhner so:

moin moin,

> Is this just a daytime thing? I acquired an 8” computerized telescope,

In this case, mostly. What I'm talking about is daytime, but there's a
game night activity on Saturday night. It's still in downtime Pasadena, so
not too much dark sky, but we might be able to find a decent place to put
up a telescope.

As it turns out, I had already emailed a friend who participateѕ in Linux
Astronomy. I will have to ask him about the possibilities.

> giving stargazing parties for kids, but it has to be at least a little
> dark for that to be any fun. (If anyone is interested in this, even
> outside of SCaLE, I might be available for some random opportunities.)

Astronomy is cool. I know ASU does a regular astronomy event. I don't if
it is a bring your own device type of thing. I'm certain we have some
astronomy groups here in town. Wonder if anyone's participating in Linux
Astronomy or something like that.

ciao,

der.hans

--
#  http://www.LuftHans.com/        http://www.PhxLinux.org/
#  "Lie detector eyeglasses perfected: Civilization collapses."