HDR- more than 3 photos? EV range.

Brian Cluff brian at snaptek.com
Fri Jul 22 16:03:14 MST 2016

An extreme example: Imagine that you are trying to get a good picture of
someone arc welding at night outside.  You would need to at least take a
picture of them fast enough so that the light from the arc doesn't
obliterate everything else in the picture, and then you would need to
get a picture slow enough so that it could capture everything that isn't
being lit by the light of the welder, then you would need to take a
normal picture to pick up everything that is at a normal light level.

In the above example you will be taking pictures at the extreme ends of
your camera's exposure limits in order to get a proper spread of images
for your HDR and your camera probably won't allow enough spread to do it
automatically since the image to covert the dark parts may require a few
seconds of exposure to properly expose the darker parts of the image.

Brian Cluff