exposure

Michael bmike1 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 21 20:56:52 MST 2016

I was wondering: To do an HDR picture you need three or more photos at
different exposures. Well, I got a Nikon and it has something called D
Lighting which is (as far as I can tell) where the Nikon takes an image and
gives the image you take + and - 1 EV and then gives you an HDR image.  I
don not like NOT having control of my image when it is creating the HDR
image. Anyone know of a program that will take an image and give it a plus
and minus value you want and spit the images out so that he can play with
it in LuminanceHDR?.... !!!! I got it..... LuminanceHDR will do it. Make
three copies and adjust the EV setting in the HDR Creation window. Not
quite as quick as I was looking for but it will work.

I've been wondering: How is using more than three different exposures
beneficial? Should you have an odd number of exposures with EV 0 being the
one in the middle?

--